- n. A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.; as, a shoe peg.
- n. A wooden pin, or nail, on which to hang things, as coats, etc. Hence, colloquially and figuratively: A support; a reason; a pretext; as, a peg to hang a claim upon.
- n. One of the pins of a musical instrument, on which the strings are strained.
- n. One of the pins used for marking points on a cribbage board.
- n. A step; a degree; esp. in the slang phrase "To take one down peg."
- v. t. To put pegs into; to fasten the parts of with pegs; as, to peg shoes; to confine with pegs; to restrict or limit closely.
- v. t. To score with a peg, as points in the game; as, she pegged twelwe points.
- v. i. To work diligently, as one who pegs shoes; -- usually with on, at, or away; as, to peg away at a task.
More About pegPosition in dictionary: 72144 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "peg": 14
Words that end with "peg": 2
Words that contain "peg": 26
Next words in dictionary: pegador, pegasean, pegasoid, pegasus, pegged
Previous words in dictionary: peewit, peevit, peevishness, peevishly, peevish