- n. A feather.
- n. A wing.
- n. An instrument used for writing with ink, formerly made of a reed, or of the quill of a goose or other bird, but now also of other materials, as of steel, gold, etc. Also, originally, a stylus or other instrument for scratching or graving.
- n. Fig.: A writer, or his style; as, he has a sharp pen.
- n. The internal shell of a squid.
- n. A female swan.
- v. t. To write; to compose and commit to paper; to indite; to compose; as, to pen a sonnet.
- n. & v. To shut up, as in a pen or cage; to confine in a small inclosure or narrow space; to coop up, or shut in; to inclose.
- n. A small inclosure; as, a pen for sheep or for pigs.
More About penPosition in dictionary: 72236 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., n. & v., n.,
Words that start with "pen": 260
Words that end with "pen": 44
Words that contain "pen": 656
Next words in dictionary: penal, penality, penalize, penally, penalties
Previous words in dictionary: pemphigus, pemmican, pelvis, pelvimeter, pelvic