- a. Petted; indulged; admired; cherished; as, a pet child; a pet lamb; a pet theory.
- v. t. To treat as a pet; to fondle; to indulge; as, she was petted and spoiled.
- v. i. To be a pet.
- n. A cade lamb; a lamb brought up by hand.
- n. Any person or animal especially cherished and indulged; a fondling; a darling; often, a favorite child.
- n. A slight fit of peevishness or fretfulness.
More About petPosition in dictionary: 73282 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., v. t., v. i., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "pet": 124
Words that end with "pet": 34
Words that contain "pet": 317
Next words in dictionary: petal, petala, petaled, petaliferous, petaliform
Previous words in dictionary: pestling, pestled, pestle, pestilentness, pestilently