- v. t. To peen.
- v. t. To inclose; to confine; to pen; to pound.
- n. A piece of wood, metal, etc., generally cylindrical, used for fastening separate articles together, or as a support by which one article may be suspended from another; a peg; a bolt.
- n. Especially, a small, pointed and headed piece of brass or other wire (commonly tinned), largely used for fastening clothes, attaching papers, etc.
- n. Hence, a thing of small value; a trifle.
- n. That which resembles a pin in its form or use
- n. A peg in musical instruments, for increasing or relaxing the tension of the strings.
- n. A linchpin.
- n. A rolling-pin.
- n. A clothespin.
- n. A short shaft, sometimes forming a bolt, a part of which serves as a journal.
- n. The tenon of a dovetail joint.
- n. One of a row of pegs in the side of an ancient drinking cup to mark how much each man should drink.
- n. The bull's eye, or center, of a target; hence, the center.
- n. Mood; humor.
- n. Caligo. See Caligo.
- n. An ornament, as a brooch or badge, fastened to the clothing by a pin; as, a Masonic pin.
- n. The leg; as, to knock one off his pins.
- n. To fasten with, or as with, a pin; to join; as, to pin a garment; to pin boards together.
More About pinPosition in dictionary: 74490 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "pin": 132
Words that end with "pin": 44
Words that contain "pin": 654
Next words in dictionary: pin-eyed, pin-tailed, pinaces, pinacoid, pinacolin
Previous words in dictionary: pimpship, pimply, pimpled, pimple, pimping