- n. A broad piece of sawed timber, differing from a board only in being thicker. See Board.
- n. Fig.: That which supports or upholds, as a board does a swimmer.
- n. One of the separate articles in a declaration of the principles of a party or cause; as, a plank in the national platform.
- v. t. To cover or lay with planks; as, to plank a floor or a ship.
- v. t. To lay down, as on a plank or table; to stake or pay cash; as, to plank money in a wager.
- v. t. To harden, as hat bodies, by felting.
- v. t. To splice together the ends of slivers of wool, for subsequent drawing.
More About plankPosition in dictionary: 74990 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "plank": 4
Words that end with "plank": 1
Words that contain "plank": 4
Next words in dictionary: plank-sheer, planked, planking, planless, planned, planner, planning, plano-, plano-concave, plano-conical
Previous words in dictionary: planispheric, planisphere, planishing, planisher, planished, planish, planipetalous, planipennia, planipennate, planing