- a. Belonging to, or concerning, an individual person, company, or interest; peculiar to one's self; unconnected with others; personal; one's own; not public; not general; separate; as, a man's private opinion; private property; a private purse; private expenses or interests; a private secretary.
- a. Sequestered from company or observation; appropriated to an individual; secret; secluded; lonely; solitary; as, a private room or apartment; private prayer.
- a. Not invested with, or engaged in, public office or employment; as, a private citizen; private life.
- a. Not publicly known; not open; secret; as, a private negotiation; a private understanding.
- a. Having secret or private knowledge; privy.
- n. A secret message; a personal unofficial communication.
- n. Personal interest; particular business.
- n. Privacy; retirement.
- n. One not invested with a public office.
- n. A common soldier; a soldier below the grade of a noncommissioned officer.
- n. The private parts; the genitals.
More About privatePosition in dictionary: 78125 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a., n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "private": 8
Words that end with "private": 1
Words that contain "private": 8
Next words in dictionary: privateer, privateered, privateering, privateersman, privateersmen
Previous words in dictionary: privado, privacy, privacies, prittle-prattle, prithee