- p. pr. & vb. n. of Rise
- a. Attaining a higher place; taking, or moving in, an upward direction; appearing above the horizon; ascending; as, the rising moon.
- a. Increasing in wealth, power, or distinction; as, a rising state; a rising character.
- a. Growing; advancing to adult years and to the state of active life; as, the rising generation.
- prep. More than; exceeding; upwards of; as, a horse rising six years of age.
- n. The act of one who, or that which, rises (in any sense).
- n. That which rises; a tumor; a boil.
More About risingPosition in dictionary: 84906 of 111710 words.
Word Type: p. pr. & vb. n., a., a., a., prep., n., n.,
Words that start with "rising": 1
Words that end with "rising": 11
Words that contain "rising": 11
Next words in dictionary: risk, risked, risker, riskful, risking, risky, risorial, risotto, risse, rissoid
Previous words in dictionary: risible, risibility, rish, riser, risen, rise, ris, riptowel, ripsaw, riprapping