- n. The state of being royal; the condition or quality of a royal person; kingship; kingly office; sovereignty.
- n. The person of a king or sovereign; majesty; as, in the presence of royalty.
- n. An emblem of royalty; -- usually in the plural, meaning regalia.
- n. Kingliness; spirit of regal authority.
- n. Domain; province; sphere.
- n. That which is due to a sovereign, as a seigniorage on gold and silver coined at the mint, metals taken from mines, etc.; the tax exacted in lieu of such share; imperiality.
- n. A share of the product or profit (as of a mine, forest, etc.), reserved by the owner for permitting another to use the property.
- n. Hence (Com.), a duty paid by a manufacturer to the owner of a patent or a copyright at a certain rate for each article manufactured; or, a percentage paid to the owner of an article by one who hires the use of it.
More About royaltyPosition in dictionary: 85532 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "royalty": 1
Words that end with "royalty": 2
Words that contain "royalty": 2
Next words in dictionary: royne, roynish, royster, roysterer, royston crow, roytelet, roytish, ru bible, rub, ruba-dub
Previous words in dictionary: royalties, royally, royalize, royalization, royalist, royalism, royalet, royal, roy, roxburgh