- n. That part of any work in the early manuscripts and typography which was colored red, to distinguish it from other portions.
- n. A titlepage, or part of it, especially that giving the date and place of printing; also, the initial letters, etc., when printed in red.
- n. The title of a statute; -- so called as being anciently written in red letters.
- n. The directions and rules for the conduct of service, formerly written or printed in red; hence, also, an ecclesiastical or episcopal injunction; -- usually in the plural.
- n. Hence, that which is established or settled, as by authority; a thing definitely settled or fixed.
- v. t. To adorn ith red; to redden; to rubricate.
- a. Alt. of Rubrical
More About rubricPosition in dictionary: 85590 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. t., a.,
Words that start with "rubric": 6
Words that end with "rubric": 1
Words that contain "rubric": 7
Next words in dictionary: rubrical, rubricate, rubrician, rubricist, rubricity
Previous words in dictionary: ruble, rubiretin, rubious, rubin, rubigo