- n. A seat for a rider, -- usually made of leather, padded to span comfortably a horse's back, furnished with stirrups for the rider's feet to rest in, and fastened in place with a girth; also, a seat for the rider on a bicycle or tricycle.
- n. A padded part of a harness which is worn on a horse's back, being fastened in place with a girth. It serves various purposes, as to keep the breeching in place, carry guides for the reins, etc.
- n. A piece of meat containing a part of the backbone of an animal with the ribs on each side; as, a saddle of mutton, of venison, etc.
- n. A block of wood, usually fastened to some spar, and shaped to receive the end of another spar.
- n. A part, as a flange, which is hollowed out to fit upon a convex surface and serve as a means of attachment or support.
- n. The clitellus of an earthworm.
- n. The threshold of a door, when a separate piece from the floor or landing; -- so called because it spans and covers the joint between two floors.
- v. t. To put a saddle upon; to equip (a beast) for riding.
- v. t. Hence: To fix as a charge or burden upon; to load; to encumber; as, to saddle a town with the expense of bridges and highways.
More About saddlePosition in dictionary: 86054 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "saddle": 11
Words that end with "saddle": 4
Words that contain "saddle": 14
Next words in dictionary: saddle-backed, saddle-shaped, saddleback, saddlebags, saddlebow, saddlecloth, saddled, saddler, saddlery, saddletree
Previous words in dictionary: sadder, saddening, saddened, sadden, sadda, sad, sacs, sacrum, sacrovertebral, sacrosciatic