- n. Extreme and lofty contempt; haughty disregard; that disdain which springs from the opinion of the utter meanness and unworthiness of an object.
- n. An act or expression of extreme contempt.
- n. An object of extreme disdain, contempt, or derision.
- n. To hold in extreme contempt; to reject as unworthy of regard; to despise; to contemn; to disdain.
- n. To treat with extreme contempt; to make the object of insult; to mock; to scoff at; to deride.
- v. i. To scoff; to mock; to show contumely, derision, or reproach; to act disdainfully.
More About scornPosition in dictionary: 87572 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. i.,
Words that start with "scorn": 5
Words that end with "scorn": 3
Words that contain "scorn": 7
Next words in dictionary: scorned, scorner, scornful, scorny, scorodite, scorpaenoid, scorpene, scorper, scorpio, scorpiodea
Previous words in dictionary: scorious, scoring, scorifying, scorify, scoriform, scorifier, scorified, scorification, scorie, scoriae