- a. Accustomed to sit much or long; as, a sedentary man.
- a. Characterized by, or requiring, much sitting; as, a sedentary employment; a sedentary life.
- a. Inactive; motionless; sluggish; hence, calm; tranquil.
- a. Caused by long sitting.
- a. Remaining in one place, especially when firmly attached to some object; as, the oyster is a sedentary mollusk; the barnacles are sedentary crustaceans.
More About sedentaryPosition in dictionary: 88387 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a.,
Words that start with "sedentary": 1
Words that end with "sedentary": 1
Words that contain "sedentary": 1
Next words in dictionary: sederunt, sedge, sedged, sedgy, sedilia, sediment, sedimental, sedimentary, sedimentation, sedition
Previous words in dictionary: sedentariness, sedentarily, sedent, sedative, sedation, sedate, sedan, security, securities, securipalp