- a. Of or pertaining to a servant or slave; befitting a servant or a slave; proceeding from dependence; hence, meanly submissive; slavish; mean; cringing; fawning; as, servile flattery; servile fear; servile obedience.
- a. Held in subjection; dependent; enslaved.
- a. Not belonging to the original root; as, a servile letter.
- a. Not itself sounded, but serving to lengthen the preceeding vowel, as e in tune.
- n. An element which forms no part of the original root; -- opposed to radical.
More About servilePosition in dictionary: 89470 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., n.,
Words that start with "servile": 3
Words that end with "servile": 1
Words that contain "servile": 3
Next words in dictionary: servilely, servileness, servility, serving, servite, servitorship, servitude, serviture, servitute, serye
Previous words in dictionary: servifor, serviette, servient, serviceage, serviceable, service, servian, server, served, serve