- v. i. To be turned or inclined from a right line or level; to lie obliquely; to slope.
- v. t. To turn from a direct line; to give an oblique or sloping direction to; as, to slant a line.
- n. A slanting direction or plane; a slope; as, it lies on a slant.
- n. An oblique reflection or gibe; a sarcastic remark.
- v. i. Inclined from a direct line, whether horizontal or perpendicular; sloping; oblique.
More About slantPosition in dictionary: 91419 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. i., v. t., n., n., v. i.,
Words that start with "slant": 5
Words that end with "slant": 2
Words that contain "slant": 6
Next words in dictionary: slanted, slanting, slantly, slantwise, slap, slapdash, slape, slapeface, slapjack, slapped
Previous words in dictionary: slank, slangy, slangous, slanging, slanginess, slanged, slang-whanger, slang, slanderous, slandering