- n. Prosperity in an undertaking; favorable issue; success.
- n. The act or state of moving swiftly; swiftness; velocity; rapidly; rate of motion; dispatch; as, the speed a horse or a vessel.
- n. One who, or that which, causes or promotes speed or success.
- n. To go; to fare.
- n. To experience in going; to have any condition, good or ill; to fare.
- n. To fare well; to have success; to prosper.
- n. To make haste; to move with celerity.
- n. To be expedient.
- v. t. To cause to be successful, or to prosper; hence, to aid; to favor.
- v. t. To cause to make haste; to dispatch with celerity; to drive at full speed; hence, to hasten; to hurry.
- v. t. To hasten to a conclusion; to expedite.
- v. t. To hurry to destruction; to put an end to; to ruin; to undo.
- v. t. To wish success or god fortune to, in any undertaking, especially in setting out upon a journey.
More About speedPosition in dictionary: 93245 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "speed": 11
Words that end with "speed": 5
Words that contain "speed": 16
Next words in dictionary: speeded, speeder, speedful, speedfully, speedily, speediness, speeding, speedless, speedwell, speedy
Previous words in dictionary: speechmaker, speechless, speeching, speechifying, speechify, speechifier, speechified, speechification, speechful, speech