- a. Held or lifted up; held or prevented from proceeding.
- a. Expressing, or proceeding from, suspense or doubt.
- a. The state of being suspended; specifically, a state of uncertainty and expectation, with anxiety or apprehension; indetermination; indecision; as, the suspense of a person waiting for the verdict of a jury.
- a. Cessation for a time; stop; pause.
- a. A temporary cessation of one's right; suspension, as when the rent or other profits of land cease by unity of possession of land and rent.
More About suspensePosition in dictionary: 97682 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., a.,
Words that start with "suspense": 2
Words that end with "suspense": 1
Words that contain "suspense": 2
Next words in dictionary: suspensely, suspensibility, suspensible, suspension, suspensive, suspensor, suspensoria, suspensorium, suspensory, suspicable
Previous words in dictionary: suspensation, suspending, suspender, suspended, suspend, suspectless, suspectiousness, suspection, suspecting, suspectful