- n. To fall on at once and seize; to catch while on the wing; as, a hawk swoops a chicken.
- n. To seize; to catch up; to take with a sweep.
- v. i. To descend with closed wings from a height upon prey, as a hawk; to swoop.
- v. i. To pass with pomp; to sweep.
- n. A falling on and seizing, as the prey of a rapacious bird; the act of swooping.
More About swoopPosition in dictionary: 98019 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., v. i., v. i., n.,
Words that start with "swoop": 4
Words that end with "swoop": 1
Words that contain "swoop": 4
Next words in dictionary: swooped, swooping, swoopstake, swop, sword, sword-shaped, swordbill, sworded, sworder, swordfish
Previous words in dictionary: swooning, swooned, swoon, swonken, swonk, swom, swoln, swollen, swobber, swob