- n. The act of symbolizing, or the state of being symbolized; as, symbolism in Christian art is the representation of truth, virtues, vices, etc., by emblematic colors, signs, and forms.
- n. A system of symbols or representations.
- n. The practice of using symbols, or the system of notation developed thereby.
- n. A combining together of parts or ingredients.
- n. The science of creeds; symbolics.
More About symbolismPosition in dictionary: 98147 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "symbolism": 1
Words that end with "symbolism": 1
Words that contain "symbolism": 1
Next words in dictionary: symbolist, symbolistic, symbolistical, symbolization, symbolize, symbolized, symbolizer, symbolizing, symbological, symbologist
Previous words in dictionary: symbolics, symbolical, symbolic, symbol, symbal, symarr, symar, sym-, sylvite, sylvine