- n. One who tends; one who takes care of any person or thing; a nurse.
- n. A vessel employed to attend other vessels, to supply them with provisions and other stores, to convey intelligence, or the like.
- n. A car attached to a locomotive, for carrying a supply of fuel and water.
- v. t. To offer in payment or satisfaction of a demand, in order to save a penalty or forfeiture; as, to tender the amount of rent or debt.
- v. t. To offer in words; to present for acceptance.
- n. An offer, either of money to pay a debt, or of service to be performed, in order to save a penalty or forfeiture, which would be incurred by nonpayment or nonperformance; as, the tender of rent due, or of the amount of a note, with interest.
- n. Any offer or proposal made for acceptance; as, a tender of a loan, of service, or of friendship; a tender of a bid for a contract.
- n. The thing offered; especially, money offered in payment of an obligation.
- superl. Easily impressed, broken, bruised, or injured; not firm or hard; delicate; as, tender plants; tender flesh; tender fruit.
- superl. Sensible to impression and pain; easily pained.
- superl. Physically weak; not hardly or able to endure hardship; immature; effeminate.
- superl. Susceptible of the softer passions, as love, compassion, kindness; compassionate; pitiful; anxious for another's good; easily excited to pity, forgiveness, or favor; sympathetic.
- superl. Exciting kind concern; dear; precious.
- superl. Careful to save inviolate, or not to injure; -- with of.
- superl. Unwilling to cause pain; gentle; mild.
- superl. Adapted to excite feeling or sympathy; expressive of the softer passions; pathetic; as, tender expressions; tender expostulations; a tender strain.
- superl. Apt to give pain; causing grief or pain; delicate; as, a tender subject.
- superl. Heeling over too easily when under sail; -- said of a vessel.
- n. Regard; care; kind concern.
- v. t. To have a care of; to be tender toward; hence, to regard; to esteem; to value.
More About tenderPosition in dictionary: 99515 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., v. t., v. t., n., n., n., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., superl., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "tender": 10
Words that end with "tender": 9
Words that contain "tender": 20
Next words in dictionary: tender-hearted, tender-hefted, tendered, tenderfoot, tendering
Previous words in dictionary: tendency, tendencies, tendence, tended, tendance