- prep. From end to end of, or from side to side of; from one surface or limit of, to the opposite; into and out of at the opposite, or at another, point; as, to bore through a piece of timber, or through a board; a ball passes through the side of a ship.
- prep. Between the sides or walls of; within; as, to pass through a door; to go through an avenue.
- prep. By means of; by the agency of.
- prep. Over the whole surface or extent of; as, to ride through the country; to look through an account.
- prep. Among or in the midst of; -- used to denote passage; as, a fish swims through the water; the light glimmers through a thicket.
- prep. From the beginning to the end of; to the end or conclusion of; as, through life; through the year.
- adv. From one end or side to the other; as, to pierce a thing through.
- adv. From beginning to end; as, to read a letter through.
- adv. To the end; to a conclusion; to the ultimate purpose; as, to carry a project through.
- a. Going or extending through; going, extending, or serving from the beginning to the end; thorough; complete; as, a through line; a through ticket; a through train. Also, admitting of passage through; as, a through bridge.
More About throughPosition in dictionary: 100747 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., adv., adv., adv., a.,
Words that start with "through": 3
Words that end with "through": 2
Words that contain "through": 4
Next words in dictionary: throughly, throughout, throve, throw, throw-crook
Previous words in dictionary: throttling, throttler, throttled, throttle, throstling