- a. Situated or placed across something else; transverse; oblique.
- a. Fig.: Perverse; crossgrained.
- a. Thwartly; obliquely; transversely; athwart.
- prep. Across; athwart.
- n. A seat in an open boat reaching from one side to the other, or athwart the boat.
- v. t. To move across or counter to; to cross; as, an arrow thwarts the air.
- v. t. To cross, as a purpose; to oppose; to run counter to; to contravene; hence, to frustrate or defeat.
- v. i. To move or go in an oblique or crosswise manner.
- v. i. Hence, to be in opposition; to clash.
More About thwartPosition in dictionary: 100842 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., prep., n., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "thwart": 7
Words that end with "thwart": 3
Words that contain "thwart": 11
Next words in dictionary: thwarted, thwarter, thwarting, thwartingly, thwartly
Previous words in dictionary: thwaite, thwacking, thwacked, thwack, thuyin