- n. The point or extremity of anything; a pointed or somewhat sharply rounded end; the end; as, the tip of the finger; the tip of a spear.
- n. An end piece or part; a piece, as a cap, nozzle, ferrule, or point, applied to the extreme end of anything; as, a tip for an umbrella, a shoe, a gas burner, etc.
- n. A piece of stiffened lining pasted on the inside of a hat crown.
- n. A thin, boarded brush made of camel's hair, used by gilders in lifting gold leaf.
- n. Rubbish thrown from a quarry.
- v. t. To form a point upon; to cover the tip, top, or end of; as, to tip anything with gold or silver.
- v. t. To strike slightly; to tap.
- v. t. To bestow a gift, or douceur, upon; to give a present to; as, to tip a servant.
- v. t. To lower one end of, or to throw upon the end; to tilt; as, to tip a cask; to tip a cart.
- v. i. To fall on, or incline to, one side.
- n. A light touch or blow; a tap.
- n. A gift; a douceur; a fee.
- n. A hint, or secret intimation, as to the chances in a horse race, or the like.
More About tipPosition in dictionary: 101167 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "tip": 25
Words that end with "tip": 2
Words that contain "tip": 161
Next words in dictionary: tip-up, tipcart, tipcat, tipped, tipper
Previous words in dictionary: tiny, tinware, tintype, tinto, tintle