- n. An angular or prominence on any edge; as, a tooth on the scale of a fish, or on a leaf of a plant
- n. one of the appendages at the mouth of the capsule of a moss. See Peristome.
- n. Any hard calcareous or chitinous organ found in the mouth of various invertebrates and used in feeding or procuring food; as, the teeth of a mollusk or a starfish.
- v. t. To furnish with teeth.
- v. t. To indent; to jag; as, to tooth a saw.
- v. t. To lock into each other. See Tooth, n., 4.
- n. One of the hard, bony appendages which are borne on the jaws, or on other bones in the walls of the mouth or pharynx of most vertebrates, and which usually aid in the prehension and mastication of food.
- n. Fig.: Taste; palate.
- n. Any projection corresponding to the tooth of an animal, in shape, position, or office; as, the teeth, or cogs, of a cogwheel; a tooth, prong, or tine, of a fork; a tooth, or the teeth, of a rake, a saw, a file, a card.
- n. A projecting member resembling a tenon, but fitting into a mortise that is only sunk, not pierced through.
- n. One of several steps, or offsets, in a tusk. See Tusk.
More About toothPosition in dictionary: 101550 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "tooth": 18
Words that end with "tooth": 11
Words that contain "tooth": 32
Next words in dictionary: toothache, toothback, toothbill, toothbrush, toothdrawer, toothed, toothful, toothing, toothless, toothlet
Previous words in dictionary: tooter, tooted, toot, toonwood, toon, toom, tooling, tooled, tool-stock, tool-rest