- n. The coarse and broken part of flax or hemp, separated from the finer part by the hatchel or swingle.
- v. t. To draw or pull through the water, as a vessel of any kind, by means of a rope.
- v. t. A rope by which anything is towed; a towline, or towrope.
- v. t. The act of towing, or the state of being towed; --chiefly used in the phrase, to take in tow, that is to tow.
- v. t. That which is towed, or drawn by a towline, as a barge, raft, collection of boats, ect.
More About towPosition in dictionary: 101873 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "tow": 40
Words that end with "tow": 9
Words that contain "tow": 74
Next words in dictionary: tow-head, towage, towall, toward, towardliness
Previous words in dictionary: touze, touter, tout-ensemble, tout, tousle