- n. The act of delivering into the hands of another; delivery.
- n. The unwritten or oral delivery of information, opinions, doctrines, practices, rites, and customs, from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; the transmission of any knowledge, opinions, or practice, from forefathers to descendants by oral communication, without written memorials.
- n. Hence, that which is transmitted orally from father to son, or from ancestors to posterity; knowledge or belief transmitted without the aid of written memorials; custom or practice long observed.
- n. An unwritten code of law represented to have been given by God to Moses on Sinai.
- n. That body of doctrine and discipline, or any article thereof, supposed to have been put forth by Christ or his apostles, and not committed to writing.
- v. t. To transmit by way of tradition; to hand down.
More About traditionPosition in dictionary: 102038 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "tradition": 10
Words that end with "tradition": 3
Words that contain "tradition": 12
Next words in dictionary: traditional, traditionalist, traditionally, traditionaries, traditionarily, traditionary, traditioner, traditionist, traditionlism, traditive
Previous words in dictionary: trading, tradeswomen, tradeswoman, tradespeople, tradesmen, tradesman, tradesfolk, tradescantia, trades-unionist, trades union