- a. Being one of two born at a birth; as, a twin brother or sister.
- a. Being one of a pair much resembling one another; standing the relation of a twin to something else; -- often followed by to or with.
- a. Double; consisting of two similar and corresponding parts.
- a. Composed of parts united according to some definite law of twinning. See Twin, n., 4.
- n. One of two produced at a birth, especially by an animal that ordinarily brings forth but one at a birth; -- used chiefly in the plural, and applied to the young of beasts as well as to human young.
- n. A sign and constellation of the zodiac; Gemini. See Gemini.
- n. A person or thing that closely resembles another.
- n. A compound crystal composed of two or more crystals, or parts of crystals, in reversed position with reference to each other.
- v. i. To bring forth twins.
- v. i. To be born at the same birth.
- v. t. To cause to be twins, or like twins in any way.
- v. t. To separate into two parts; to part; to divide; hence, to remove; also, to strip; to rob.
- v. i. To depart from a place or thing.
More About twinPosition in dictionary: 103965 of 111710 words.
Word Type: a., a., a., a., n., n., n., n., v. i., v. i., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "twin": 21
Words that end with "twin": 2
Words that contain "twin": 36
Next words in dictionary: twinborn, twine, twined, twiner, twinge, twinged, twinging, twining, twink, twinkle
Previous words in dictionary: twilt, twilly, twilling, twilled, twill, twilight, twigsome, twigless, twighte, twight