- n. A large vessel, cistern, or tub, especially one used for holding in an immature state, chemical preparations for dyeing, or for tanning, or for tanning leather, or the like.
- n. A measure for liquids, and also a dry measure; especially, a liquid measure in Belgium and Holland, corresponding to the hectoliter of the metric system, which contains 22.01 imperial gallons, or 26.4 standard gallons in the United States.
- n. A wooden tub for washing ores and mineral substances in.
- n. A square, hollow place on the back of a calcining furnace, where tin ore is laid to dry.
- n. A vessel for holding holy water.
- v. t. To put or transfer into a vat.
More About vatPosition in dictionary: 107000 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "vat": 15
Words that end with "vat": 9
Words that contain "vat": 217
Next words in dictionary: vatful, vatfuls, vatical, vatican, vaticanism
Previous words in dictionary: vasum, vasty, vastness, vastly, vastity