- n. An arched structure of masonry, forming a ceiling or canopy.
- n. An arched apartment; especially, a subterranean room, use for storing articles, for a prison, for interment, or the like; a cell; a cellar.
- n. The canopy of heaven; the sky.
- n. A leap or bound.
- n. The bound or leap of a horse; a curvet.
- n. A leap by aid of the hands, or of a pole, springboard, or the like.
- v. t. To form with a vault, or to cover with a vault; to give the shape of an arch to; to arch; as, vault a roof; to vault a passage to a court.
- v. i. To leap over; esp., to leap over by aid of the hands or a pole; as, to vault a fence.
- n. To leap; to bound; to jump; to spring.
- n. To exhibit feats of tumbling or leaping; to tumble.
More About vaultPosition in dictionary: 107018 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. i., n., n.,
Words that start with "vault": 6
Words that end with "vault": 2
Words that contain "vault": 9
Next words in dictionary: vaultage, vaulted, vaulter, vaulting, vaulty
Previous words in dictionary: vaudoux, vaudois, vaudeville, vatting, vatted