- n. Something hung up, or spread out, to intercept the view, and hide an object; a cover; a curtain; esp., a screen, usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphnous material, to hide or protect the face.
- n. A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- n. The calyptra of mosses.
- n. A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom with the stalk; -- called also velum.
- n. A covering for a person or thing; as, a nun's veil; a paten veil; an altar veil.
- n. Same as Velum, 3.
- n. To throw a veil over; to cover with a veil.
- n. Fig.: To invest; to cover; to hide; to conceal.
More About veilPosition in dictionary: 107084 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n.,
Words that start with "veil": 4
Words that end with "veil": 4
Words that contain "veil": 12
Next words in dictionary: veiled, veiling, veilless, vein, veinal
Previous words in dictionary: vehmic, vehiculatory, vehiculation, vehiculate, vehiculary