- v. i. To stake a sum upon a hand of cards, as in the old game of gleek. See Revie.
- v. i. To strive for superiority; to contend; to use emulous effort, as in a race, contest, or competition.
- v. t. To stake; to wager.
- v. t. To do or produce in emulation, competition, or rivalry; to put in competition; to bandy.
- n. A contest for superiority; competition; rivalry; strife; also, a challenge; a wager.
More About viePosition in dictionary: 107710 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. i., v. i., v. t., v. t., n.,
Words that start with "vie": 14
Words that end with "vie": 7
Words that contain "vie": 69
Next words in dictionary: vied, vielle, vienna paste, viennese, view
Previous words in dictionary: viduity, viduation, vidual, viduage, vidonia