- n. One of the young of a dog or a beast of prey; a puppy; a cub; as, a lion's whelps.
- n. A child; a youth; -- jocosely or in contempt.
- n. One of the longitudinal ribs or ridges on the barrel of a capstan or a windless; -- usually in the plural; as, the whelps of a windlass.
- n. One of the teeth of a sprocket wheel.
- v. i. To bring forth young; -- said of the female of the dog and some beasts of prey.
- v. t. To bring forth, as cubs or young; to give birth to.
More About whelpPosition in dictionary: 109638 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. i., v. t.,
Words that start with "whelp": 3
Words that end with "whelp": 1
Words that contain "whelp": 3
Next words in dictionary: whelped, whelping, when, whenas, whence, whenceever, whenceforth, whencesoever, whene'er, whenever
Previous words in dictionary: whelming, whelmed, whelm, whelky, whelked, whelk, wheft, wheezy, wheezing, wheezed