- n. A thread or slender rod of metal; a metallic substance formed to an even thread by being passed between grooved rollers, or drawn through holes in a plate of steel.
- n. A telegraph wire or cable; hence, an electric telegraph; as, to send a message by wire.
- v. t. To bind with wire; to attach with wires; to apply wire to; as, to wire corks in bottling liquors.
- v. t. To put upon a wire; as, to wire beads.
- v. t. To snare by means of a wire or wires.
- v. t. To send (a message) by telegraph.
- v. i. To pass like a wire; to flow in a wirelike form, or in a tenuous stream.
- v. i. To send a telegraphic message.
More About wirePosition in dictionary: 110245 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "wire": 14
Words that end with "wire": 2
Words that contain "wire": 16
Next words in dictionary: wire-drawer, wire-heel, wire-puller, wire-pulling, wire-tailed
Previous words in dictionary: wirche, wirbling, wirbled, wirble, wiping