- n. Any one of several species of large marine gastropods belonging to the genus Yetus, or Cymba; a boat shell.
- adv. In addition; further; besides; over and above; still.
- adv. At the same time; by continuance from a former state; still.
- adv. Up to the present time; thus far; hitherto; until now; -- and with the negative, not yet, not up to the present time; not as soon as now; as, Is it time to go? Not yet. See As yet, under As, conj.
- conj. Before some future time; before the end; eventually; in time.
- conj. Even; -- used emphatically.
- conj. Nevertheless; notwithstanding; however.
More About yetPosition in dictionary: 111209 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., adv., adv., adv., conj., conj., conj.,
Words that start with "yet": 1
Words that end with "yet": 5
Words that contain "yet": 18
Next words in dictionary: yeve, yeven, yew, yewen, yex
Previous words in dictionary: yesty, yestreen, yesteryear, yesterweek, yesternoon