- n. A girdle; a cincture.
- n. One of the five great divisions of the earth, with respect to latitude and temperature.
- n. The portion of the surface of a sphere included between two parallel planes; the portion of a surface of revolution included between two planes perpendicular to the axis.
- n. A band or stripe extending around a body.
- n. A band or area of growth encircling anything; as, a zone of evergreens on a mountain; the zone of animal or vegetable life in the ocean around an island or a continent; the Alpine zone, that part of mountains which is above the limit of tree growth.
- n. A series of planes having mutually parallel intersections.
- n. Circuit; circumference.
- v. t. To girdle; to encircle.
More About zonePosition in dictionary: 111562 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "zone": 3
Words that end with "zone": 5
Words that contain "zone": 14
Next words in dictionary: zoned, zoneless, zonnar, zonular, zonule
Previous words in dictionary: zonate, zonaria, zonar, zonal, zonae