- prep. Around; all round; on every side of.
- prep. In the immediate neighborhood of; in contiguity or proximity to; near, as to place; by or on (one's person).
- prep. Over or upon different parts of; through or over in various directions; here and there in; to and fro in; throughout.
- prep. Near; not far from; -- determining approximately time, size, quantity.
- prep. In concern with; engaged in; intent on.
- prep. On the point or verge of; going; in act of.
- prep. Concerning; with regard to; on account of; touching.
- adv. On all sides; around.
- adv. In circuit; circularly; by a circuitous way; around the outside; as, a mile about, and a third of a mile across.
- adv. Here and there; around; in one place and another.
- adv. Nearly; approximately; with close correspondence, in quality, manner, degree, etc.; as, about as cold; about as high; -- also of quantity, number, time.
- adv. To a reserved position; half round; in the opposite direction; on the opposite tack; as, to face about; to turn one's self about.
More About aboutPosition in dictionary: 486 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., prep., adv., adv., adv., adv., adv.,
Words that start with "about": 2
Words that end with "about": 11
Words that contain "about": 16
Next words in dictionary: about-sledge, above, above-cited, above-mentioned, above-named
Previous words in dictionary: abounding, abounded, abound, abought, abortment