- prep. In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; over; -- opposed to below or beneath.
- prep. Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; beyond; higher in measure or degree than; as, things above comprehension; above mean actions; conduct above reproach.
- prep. Surpassing in number or quantity; more than; as, above a hundred. (Passing into the adverbial sense. See Above, adv., 4.)
- adv. In a higher place; overhead; into or from heaven; as, the clouds above.
- adv. Earlier in order; higher in the same page; hence, in a foregoing page.
- adv. Higher in rank or power; as, he appealed to the court above.
- adv. More than; as, above five hundred were present.
More About abovePosition in dictionary: 488 of 111710 words.
Word Type: prep., prep., prep., adv., adv., adv., adv.,
Words that start with "above": 7
Words that end with "above": 1
Words that contain "above": 7
Next words in dictionary: above-cited, above-mentioned, above-named, aboveboard, abovedeck
Previous words in dictionary: about-sledge, about, abounding, abounded, abound