- n. A young servant or follower; a military attendant.
- n. In feudal times, a man-at-arms serving on horseback and admitted to a certain military rank with special ceremonies, including an oath to protect the distressed, maintain the right, and live a stainless life.
- n. One on whom knighthood, a dignity next below that of baronet, is conferred by the sovereign, entitling him to be addressed as Sir; as, Sir John.
- n. A champion; a partisan; a lover.
- n. A piece used in the game of chess, usually bearing a horse's head.
- n. A playing card bearing the figure of a knight; the knave or jack.
- v. t. To dub or create (one) a knight; -- done in England by the sovereign only, who taps the kneeling candidate with a sword, saying: Rise, Sir ---.
More About knightPosition in dictionary: 55154 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "knight": 24
Words that end with "knight": 3
Words that contain "knight": 26
Next words in dictionary: knight bachelor, knight banneret, knight baro-net, knight marshal, knight service, knight templar, knight-er-ratic, knight-errant, knight-errantries, knight-errantry
Previous words in dictionary: knifing, knifed, knifeboard, knife-edge, knife, knickknackery, knickknackatory, knickknack, knickerbockers, knicker