- imp. & p. p. of Knit
- v. t. To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- v. t. To form, as a textile fabric, by the interlacing of yarn or thread in a series of connected loops, by means of needles, either by hand or by machinery; as, to knit stockings.
- v. t. To join; to cause to grow together.
- v. t. To unite closely; to connect; to engage; as, hearts knit together in love.
- v. t. To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- v. i. To form a fabric by interlacing yarn or thread; to weave by making knots or loops.
- v. i. To be united closely; to grow together; as, broken bones will in time knit and become sound.
- n. Union knitting; texture.
More About knitPosition in dictionary: 55178 of 111710 words.
Word Type: imp. & p. p., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i., n.,
Words that start with "knit": 10
Words that end with "knit": 3
Words that contain "knit": 12
Next words in dictionary: knitback, knitch, knitchet, knits, knitster
Previous words in dictionary: knights-errant, knights templars, knights bannerets, knights bachelors, knightly