- n. The line which marks the outer limits of an object or figure; the exterior line or edge; contour.
- n. In art: A line drawn by pencil, pen, graver, or the like, by which the boundary of a figure is indicated.
- n. A sketch composed of such lines; the delineation of a figure without shading.
- n. Fig.: A sketch of any scheme; a preliminary or general indication of a plan, system, course of thought, etc.; as, the outline of a speech.
- v. t. To draw the outline of.
- v. t. Fig.: To sketch out or indicate as by an outline; as, to outline an argument or a campaign.
More About outlinePosition in dictionary: 69151 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "outline": 3
Words that end with "outline": 1
Words that contain "outline": 3
Next words in dictionary: outlinear, outlined, outlining, outlive, outlived, outliver, outliving, outlook, outloose, outlope
Previous words in dictionary: outlimb, outlier, outlie, outlet, outlearn, outleap, outlay, outlawry, outlawries, outlawing