- n. Piety.
- n. A feeling for the sufferings or distresses of another or others; sympathy with the grief or misery of another; compassion; fellow-feeling; commiseration.
- n. A reason or cause of pity, grief, or regret; a thing to be regretted.
- v. t. To feel pity or compassion for; to have sympathy with; to compassionate; to commiserate; to have tender feelings toward (any one), awakened by a knowledge of suffering.
- v. t. To move to pity; -- used impersonally.
- v. i. To be compassionate; to show pity.
More About pityPosition in dictionary: 74812 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "pity": 4
Words that end with "pity": 2
Words that contain "pity": 5
Next words in dictionary: pitying, pityriasis, pityroid, piu, pivot, pivotal, pivoted, pivoting, pix, pixie
Previous words in dictionary: pituitous, pituite, pituitary, pittle-pattle, pitting, pitter, pitted, pittance, pittacal, pitta