- n. A fixed pin or short axis, on the end of which a wheel or other body turns.
- n. The end of a shaft or arbor which rests and turns in a support; as, the pivot of an arbor in a watch.
- n. Hence, figuratively: A turning point or condition; that on which important results depend; as, the pivot of an enterprise.
- n. The officer or soldier who simply turns in his place whike the company or line moves around him in wheeling; -- called also pivot man.
- v. t. To place on a pivot.
More About pivotPosition in dictionary: 74817 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., v. t.,
Words that start with "pivot": 4
Words that end with "pivot": 1
Words that contain "pivot": 4
Next words in dictionary: pivotal, pivoted, pivoting, pix, pixie, pixies, pixy, pixy-led, pizzicato, pizzle
Previous words in dictionary: piu, pityroid, pityriasis, pitying, pity, pituitous, pituite, pituitary, pittle-pattle, pitting