- n. Something demanded or asserted; especially, a position or supposition assumed without proof, or one which is considered as self-evident; a truth to which assent may be demanded or challenged, without argument or evidence.
- n. The enunciation of a self-evident problem, in distinction from an axiom, which is the enunciation of a self-evident theorem.
- a. Postulated.
- v. t. To beg, or assume without proof; as, to postulate conclusions.
- v. t. To take without express consent; to assume.
- v. t. To invite earnestly; to solicit.
More About postulatePosition in dictionary: 76718 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., a., v. t., v. t., v. t.,
Words that start with "postulate": 2
Words that end with "postulate": 2
Words that contain "postulate": 4
Next words in dictionary: postulated, postulating, postulation, postulatory, postulatum, postumous, postural, posture, postured, posturer
Previous words in dictionary: postulata, postulant, posttiller, postticous, posttertiary, postsphenoid, postscutellum, postscripted, postscript, postscribe