- n. A metallic or earthen vessel, appropriated to any of a great variety of uses, as for boiling meat or vegetables, for holding liquids, for plants, etc.; as, a quart pot; a flower pot; a bean pot.
- n. An earthen or pewter cup for liquors; a mug.
- n. The quantity contained in a pot; a potful; as, a pot of ale.
- n. A metal or earthenware extension of a flue above the top of a chimney; a chimney pot.
- n. A crucible; as, a graphite pot; a melting pot.
- n. A wicker vessel for catching fish, eels, etc.
- n. A perforated cask for draining sugar.
- n. A size of paper. See Pott.
- v. t. To place or inclose in pots
- v. t. To preserve seasoned in pots.
- v. t. To set out or cover in pots; as, potted plants or bulbs.
- v. t. To drain; as, to pot sugar, by taking it from the cooler, and placing it in hogsheads, etc., having perforated heads, through which the molasses drains off.
- v. t. To pocket.
- v. i. To tipple; to drink.
More About potPosition in dictionary: 76733 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., n., n., n., n., n., n., n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i.,
Words that start with "pot": 97
Words that end with "pot": 33
Words that contain "pot": 242
Next words in dictionary: pot-bellied, pot-belly, pot-sure, pot-valiant, pot-walloper
Previous words in dictionary: posy, postzygapophysis, postzygapophyses, posturing, posturer