- v. t. To shoot, as the seed of a plant; to germinate; to push out new shoots; hence, to grow like shoots of plants.
- v. t. To shoot into ramifications.
- v. t. To cause to sprout; as, the rain will sprout the seed.
- v. t. To deprive of sprouts; as, to sprout potatoes.
- v. i. The shoot of a plant; a shoot from the seed, from the stump, or from the root or tuber, of a plant or tree; more rarely, a shoot from the stem of a plant, or the end of a branch.
- v. i. Young coleworts; Brussels sprouts.
More About sproutPosition in dictionary: 93985 of 111710 words.
Word Type: v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i.,
Words that start with "sprout": 3
Words that end with "sprout": 1
Words that contain "sprout": 3
Next words in dictionary: sprouted, sprouting, spruce, spruced, sprucing
Previous words in dictionary: sprong, sprod, sprocket wheel, spritsail, spritely