- n. A warbling; a trill.
- v. t. A breathing place or hole; a nostril, as of a bird.
- v. t. To perforate by a pointed instrument; to bore; to transfix; to drill.
- v. t. Hence, to affect, as if by something that pierces or pricks; to cause to have a shivering, throbbing, tingling, or exquisite sensation; to pierce; to penetrate.
- v. t. To hurl; to throw; to cast.
- v. i. To pierce, as something sharp; to penetrate; especially, to cause a tingling sensation that runs through the system with a slight shivering; as, a sharp sound thrills through the whole frame.
- v. i. To feel a sharp, shivering, tingling, or exquisite sensation, running through the body.
- n. A drill. See 3d Drill, 1.
- n. A sensation as of being thrilled; a tremulous excitement; as, a thrill of horror; a thrill of joy.
More About thrillPosition in dictionary: 100700 of 111710 words.
Word Type: n., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. t., v. i., v. i., n., n.,
Words that start with "thrill": 4
Words that end with "thrill": 2
Words that contain "thrill": 5
Next words in dictionary: thrillant, thrilled, thrilling, thring, thrips
Previous words in dictionary: thrifty, thriftless, thriftiness, thriftily, thrift